Our school's Homework Policy follows the Government guidelines on daily time allocation for homework:
- Reception: 10 minutes for reading + 10 minutes for other activities
- Year 1 and 2: 20 minutes for reading + 10 minutes for other activities
The content of homework will vary as children progress through the school, although all children are expected to follow the recommended reading time. Homework may include learning letter sounds, spellings, whole word recognition on flash cards, maths activities and Learning Log activities (usually linked to topic work), such as research, problem solving or open ended creative tasks. Each year group will send out a Weekly Learning Newsletter that informs you of the learning in school that will be happening that week so that you can best support your child's continual development at home.
In general, we would appreciate it if parents/carers support their child’s learning at home in the following ways:
- Talk to them as much as possible and take an interest in their work and their activities
- Praise and encourage them. Show them that you are proud of them and of their school achievements
- Support school events such as open evenings, social events etc.
- Play with your child and read and share books with them
Remote Learning Plan
As a result of the recent pandemic and to ensure that children continue to learn whilst at home [if they are well enough!], work that has previously been set by teachers is still available to access on our Google Drive that can be accessed below: