The Governing Body
The Blagreaves Federation Governing Board, representing Ridgeway Infant School and Gayton Junior School is comprised of two parents (one from each school), one member of staff, the Headteachers of both schools, a Local Authority governor and Co-optees from the local community (9).
Please click here to view our table of current Governors and to see the different roles they have taken on to support both schools.
The main function of the team is to work with the Headteachers in setting the future direction for both schools and in deciding how the school budgets are to be spent. As Governors, we provide the Headteachers with support and advice, drawing on our varied knowledge and experiences.
Please click here to view our most recently ratified sets of Full Governing Board minutes.
Within the Governing Body, we have two committees:
Pupil Progress Committee
This committee is responsible for monitoring:
- The delivery of the National Curriculum
- Targets for pupil attainment
- Standards of teaching
- The SEND provision
- Arrangements for school visits and residentials
- Pupil premium
This committee is responsible for:
- Agreeing and monitoring the school budget, including staffing and resource costs
- Monitoring systems that promote the health and safety of the pupils and staff within school
- Monitoring buildings and premises work carried out
- Monitoring the spending of grants, such as the Pupil Premium or Sports Premium funding
- Agreeing the Published Admission Number (PAN)
- Reviewing staffing structures and pay progression
- Monitoring staff and pupil absence
- Monitoring exclusions
- Monitoring behaviour
- Parental complaints
For more information on School Governors please see the link below: